The quality and workmanship of your commercial or industrial fire rated doors is crucial. Not only can your company suffer severe fines and penalties if fire rated doors fail an inspection, the lives and safety of building occupants depends on their reliability. R&S has provided high-quality, innovative and reliable fire rated doors to San Francisco commercial and mixed-use building owners for many years.
R&S offers efficient fire doors and can also assist you with the design and fabrication of custom fire doors to meet your Bay Area building’s specialty applications. Our fire doors offer the advantage of a rolling door, combined with the automated property and lifesaving benefits of automated fire protection. All of our fire doors are designed to automatically close from a fully-open position, and each one is furnished with a standard Underwriters Laboratories 3-Hour/Class ‘A’ Label or Oversize Certificate of Compliance.
In addition to pride of workmanship, the R&S team is known for its customer-first business practice, which means we’re here to ensure you get exactly the door you need – while simultaneously reaping the benefits of durability, reliability, efficiency and longevity.
Contact R&S online to schedule an onsite evaluation and consult, as well as a free, competitively priced estimate. We provide licensed, certificated fire rated door inspections and repairs, including emergency repair services – 24/7. You can also give us a call on the phone at 415-981-7590 to discuss specific needs or to get expert answers to all of your commercial and industrial door questions or concerns.
Some of the Features of Fire Rated Doors
Some of the features available with our fire rated doors include:
- Smoke Detectors: Photoelectric (detects smoke and heat) or ionization (detects combustion); requires connection to a release device with compatible voltage.
- Release Devices: Electro-thermal and McCabe links (normally open circuits); electromagnetic and time delay failsafe releases (normally closed circuits).
- Model SS90-C Release Device: Provides automatic closing and testing of motor operated fire doors upon activation by a detector or alarm; eliminates the need for mechanical release and reset unless there is power loss; allows for a cycling sequence of the door in the event an obstruction is encountered upon closing.
- Vibratech: Viscous speed governor patented to allow for a smooth and quiet descent in place of the standard ductile iron governor.
- Perimeter Gasketing: Brush seals factory applied to guides and foot piece, field installed on header, to aid in smoke and draft control.
- Vision Lites: Single or multiple 4″ wide cut-outs, glazed with clear wire glass (1 1/2 hour rating.
- Sloped Foot Piece: For special sill conditions.
- Cylinder Locks: On Foot Piece.